Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Sweet Home Alabama

Last week I was working at a hospital in Birmingham, AL. After a long day the team I was traveling with took me to a fabulous little restaurant / wine bar called GianMarcos’s

I fell in love with the place the moment I saw this sign hanging out on the front porch of the wine bar.

58a04560fc6811e18159123138178971_7

The service was great, the food amazing and a selection of wines that would make any wine snob impressed.

We started off with a bottle of Michele Chiarlo Nivole Moscato.Moscato which is usually a little sweet for me but one of the ladies I was with recommended it and it was awesome and retails for about $14 a bottle retail. Next we had a Adelsheim deglace Pinot Noir and it was equally as great! Both would make excellent dessert wines! I will definitely be looking for both next time I am out shopping.

                    photo (5)                           photo (4)

The first night we were there we had the oysters Bienville and they were very well done. For dinner, I chose the glazed hen with lobster bread pudding and sautéed spinach for dinner. So good, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. And yes, because I loved it so much we went back again the next night!

photo (3)

The next night we had the Cade Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon and the pistachio crusted goat cheese for an appetizer. For dinner this night,  I decided to try the Stuffed shells with lobster, shrimp and scallops with parmesan cheese and a creamy marinara sauce and it did not disappoint.

photo (7)

So if you are ever in the Birmingham area I highly suggest you try GianMarco’s!

XO,

Monda

No comments:

Post a Comment