Thursday, February 2, 2012

I must be dreaming of Paris

So, Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow this morning which means we have six more weeks of winter. In Dallas if that means six more weeks of upper 60 degrees and sunshine, I'll take it! The weather has been fabulous here this season. Just last year during Super Bowl weekend we had ice on the ground.

Of course I wouldn't mind one or two snow days. I actually enjoy spending the day with the kids hanging out by the fire, making snow cream, watching movies and drinking Josh's home made hot chocolate.

But all this warmer weather has me thinking about spring and my upcoming spring wardrobe. And of course yesterday Tom's introduced their much anticipated ballet flats collection for Spring 2012. I ordered this pair. I think they will be very cute with spring dresses or skinny jeans and and a flowing style top.

I seem to be in a tan mood because I also bought this cute little shirt for Meredith today for $11.99 on Zulily. I'm a sucker for polka dots and I thought this top would be super cute with skinny jeans and black flats.




In the colder months of the year, I try to wash my hair every other day so it doesn't get so dry but unless I am wearing it up I really hate the feeling of unwashed hair. So, I recently picked up a bottle of the L'Oreal EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner. It's an ultra gentle cleansing moisturizer. It leaves your hair super soft but not weighed down. And it smells amazing. It's sulfate free, paraben free and 100% vegan. I like to use it on the days I don't "wash" my hair. For $6.99 a bottle I highly recommend trying it.



All this talk about ballet flats, polka dots, L'Oreal and spring makes me think of Paris in spring. I am dying to go on a trip to Paris. We went through Paris on our honeymoon but we were only there for six hours so we didn't venture too far from the airport. I dream of walking around the city at night arm in arm with Josh, sipping champagne, tasting macaroons at Laduree, dining al fresco and opening up the balcony doors of my hotel room and seeing views of the Eiffel Tower. Sigh. Soon, very soon!

paris & louis vuitton
{via Pinterest}


Happy Thursday!
XO,
Monda

No comments:

Post a Comment