Thursday, January 19, 2012

Super Salad

I discovered this edamame salad at my daughter's preschool Christmas party and I was hooked!t's simple to make and it's delish!

My bunco group meets one night a week once a month. For those that don't know, Bunco is a dice game that women play. It's like Poker night for the boys. Except instead of cigars, we bring food, instead of drinking beer or scotch, we drink wine and champagne and instead of talking about sports and politics, we talk about our kids and botox. We have a theme every month and this month's theme was the Chinese New Year. So, everyone brought their favorite Asian dish.

I'm not sure if this salad really counts as an Asian dish but I figured since there was edamame in it, I could pull it off.

I made a double batch of the salad last night to ensure that I would have enough left over to bring home! In fact, I am enjoying it for lunch right now as I type this blog post. I. can't. stop. eating. it!

Edamame Salad


1 package 16 oz. shelled Edamame (steamed)
1 package 6 oz. of original Craisins
1 package 6 oz. of crumbled Feta Cheese
1/2 cup of toasted pine nuts (I added a little more bc I like the crunch)
2 T extra virgin olive oil or EVOO
3/4 tsp cracked black pepper

Directions
1. Steam the edamame shells according to the package.
2. While those are steaming, pour craisins and feta into a large bowl
3. Toast the pine nuts in a large pan on med-high heat. But be careful because pine nuts burn easily. So make sure you are stirring them around often.


4. Add steamed edamame and pine nuts to bowl
5. Add EVOO and black pepper
6. Toss everything together

And Voila! Serve immediately or chilled.


I'm still debating which way I like it best so I'll let you decide your own preference.

Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment