Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Classic Country

I am so excited about this Thursday because I am going to see this band in concert with two of my very good friends!

The Oak Ridge Boys

I grew up on classic Country music. The Oak Ridge Boys, Tanya Tucker, Conway Twitty, Dolly Parton and Kenny Rodgers. My parents were huge fans of Johnny Cash, Marty Robbins, Crystal Gale and John Denver. And I remember sitting in our game room when I was 4 years old playing a Dolly Parton record on my older brother's stereo and belting out Dolly Parton's song, Jolene, at the top of my lungs.

My best friend Vicky and I used to drive around our small hometown on the lazy days of summer when we were 16 years with the windows down, drinking cherry vanilla cokes from Dairy Queen and singing Delta Dawn.

It was so long ago but I remember it like it was yesterday.

Wow, I just realized I sound so old in this blog post but I am only 35 years old so it wasn't that long ago! At least that's what I am going to keep telling myself.

Anyway, of course I had to find the perfect outfit for Thursday night. I live in Dallas which is a fashion capital in its own right. So everyone will be decked out in their Country couture. I wanted to find something cute but something I could also wear again since Country chic is not my part of my daily style.

I bought these boots and hope they are are as cute in person as they are online. They should arrive today!


I found this dress at Gap yesterday but I plan on changing out the belt to one with more of a vintage flair.


I think this belt from from JCrew would be cute.


And of course I will be wearing my beloved Kendra Scott Earrings.

Danielle Earrings in Turquoise
I will make sure to share pictures after Thursday!

And with that, I leave you with my favorite Oak Ridge Boys song. Josh was laughing so hard this morning as I was walking around the house singing it.


XO,
Monda

No comments:

Post a Comment