Friday, October 12, 2012

Paying it Forward with a Yummy Recipe

We've all heard the phrase "Pay it Forward" I have been known to pay for the person's coffee behind me in line at Starbucks on several occasions because I think it's important for my children to see that there are many ways to do daily good deeds. It doesn't have to take an entire day of your time or lots of money. Those small gestures can add up too.

That's why today I am Paying it Forward to all of you with a fabulous recipe called Greek Shrimp that my sweet blogger friend Natalie posted on her blog, Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers from the cookbook, Dinner A Love Story. I made it last night for me and the hubs and it was a huge hit. There are just a handful of ingredients and it took no time at all to cook. In fact, I made it before we were suppose to go to soccer practice, which I never have time to cook before soccer practice. Of course we didn't end up going to soccer practice last night because Meredith fell asleep on the couch  right before we were about to leave. Poor baby has had a horrible cold the last couple of days and needed to catch up on her sleep. We went to the doctor and it was just that - a cold so I got a handwritten prescription that said Mucinex during the day, Benadryl at night, lots of liquids, steamy baths and a cool mist humidifier in her room.

Sorry, I digress. Back to the recipe.......

Greek Shrimp 


Ingredients:

1 lb shrimp - peeled and deveined
1 24 oz can of diced tomatoes - drained
4-6 oz of Crumbled Feta cheese
1 handful of fresh chopped parsley
2 cloves of galic - minced
EVOO
Juice of half a lemon
1 package of Uncle Ben's Instant Brown Rice - I buy the package you pop in the microwave to save time

Directions:

Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees. Saute the minced garlic in olive oil on medium heat. Add the can of diced tomatoes and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in the pound of shrimp and cook until the shrimp is pink in color, about 5 minutes. One the shrimp is done add in the feta cheese. Transfer the dish over to an oven safe casserole dish and cook in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Remove from the oven, add the handful of parsley and squeeze the lemon juice over shrimp. Add salt and pepper to taste. 

I served mine over brown rice and even had enough left over for lunch today.

Enjoy!

XO,
Monda




  

No comments:

Post a Comment