Monday, February 6, 2012

Weekend Recap

Friday night I took my son to a pajama jump party and since it was a drop off party (whoo hoo for those now that my son is 5 years old) my friend Kelly and I decided to head down the street to TruFire Kitchen and Bar in Frisco at The Shops at Starwood. We had the most amazing hummus and mussels served with Parmesan bread. From the drink menu we ordered a Pomegranate Crush and The Gin's Up. Both were equally fabulous. The Pomegranate Crush is made with Skyy citrus, fresh mint and pomegranate juice. The Gin's Up is made with Hendrick's gin, fresh orange segments and cucumbers and fresh sweetened lime juice. I am looking forward to going back very soon!

TruFire is a Frisco gem
TruFire's starters are excellent

Saturday we ran errands and then the kids had their Valentine's Day pictures taken with my sweet friend and photographer Narci from Narci D Photography. I think they are going to turn out super cute and I will share the pictures as soon as they are ready!

Saturday evening I spent the majority of the evening glued to Pinterest adding and reorganizing my boards. I am so addicted. I have always kept a rather lengthy favorite links list and a folder saved on my computer with images of things I have found and liked online. So now I have both in one easy and manageable location! The only thing I wish Pinterest would do is tell you if you have already pinned an item to one of your boards. I am positive I have pinned several things more than once. Speaking of pinning things more than once I found this funny image on Pinterest and of course I had to pin it!

Pinterest stress! :)

On Sunday we went to a friend's Super Bowl Party with the kids. I'll be honest. I really don't care about the game. My favorite part is the yummy food, commercials and the half time show. What did you think of Madonna's performance? I personally thought it was one of the best half time shows in a long time!


Speaking of Super Bowl food, I tried a new appetizer at the party that I am now completely obsessed with. They are called Pistachio Coated Grape and Bleu Cheese Truffles. Oh my! These little bites of heaven are addicting! It combines several of my faves - Grapes, Pistachios, Bleu Cheese, Port wine and Cream Cheese! I will definitely be making these for my next party, Girl's Night in or Bunco! I could not stop eating them last night!

Pistachio Coated Grape and Bleu Cheese Truffles. Had these at a Super Bowl party tonight and could not stop eating them!
{recipe via}

Birthday mania at the Schneider House is right around the corner and I have been in party planning mode! Jonah's birthday is in March. Meredith's birthday is two weeks later in April and Josh's birthday is at the end of April. I have always gone all out for the kid's birthdays. I love planning a party, especially kid's parties! But since since I am no longer working and the kids are getting older I decided this year we would scale back a little. Jonah has decided he wants a Camping party and Meredith wants to have her party with a few of her closest friends at the American Girl bistro. More to come on what I am putting together for both but I thought I would share Meredith's birthday dress which arrived last week. I just loved this dress by Little Mass and was even more excited when I found it on sale!! Yay!


Happy Monday!!
XO,
Monda

No comments:

Post a Comment