Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Love is in the Air

Valentine's Day snuck up on me this year. I can't believe it's already next week. Josh and I haven't even made reservations for dinner yet. I hope we can still get in somewhere!!

I know a lot of people think Valentine's Day is just a made up holiday glorified by Hallmark and technically it is. But I think it's a day to celebrate those that we love. In our crazy busy lives it's important to take a day to slow down and appreciate and tell those that you hold dear to your heart what they mean to you.

And while I agree that it's important to express that love through words and actions a sweet little gift to show your affection doesn't ever hurt! (wink wink).

Here are my top picks for Valentine's day! (hope the hubs reads my blog)

You can never go wrong with perfume. I love perfume and my one of my all time favorites is Chanel Coco Mademoiselle. The scent is subtle but sexy.



Don't be that guy the goes on 1-800 Flowers or Florist.com and orders the standard 1 dozen red roses. I mean I'm not dissing red roses. I love roses but they are overpriced for Valentine's Day and I want to know that my guy put a little thought into what he is sending me. I am loving this bouquet from Bows and Arrows in Dallas.

indie v-day florals!

Why not treat that special someone to a yummy treat?? Chocolate is good but again in my book, it's a bit overdone during Valentine's Day. My favorite pick are macaroons. I have a sweet spot for macaroons because they remind me of Paris and Paris of course is the City of Love.



I'm a huge fan of clutches and hot pink is one of the hot fashion trends for Spring 2012. So to show your favorite gal that you are "in the know" how about an adorable hot pink clutch from Diane von Furstenburg. Perfect for those dates nights when it's just the two of you and she doesn't want to carry everything including the bathroom sink in her purse. I'm currently drooling over this one (someone please make sure Josh reads my list!)




Not to offend my friends that sell Scentsy because I love my Scentsy burners but when I take bubble baths I love turning off the lights and lighting a few candles around the tub. I like strong romantic scents. Viktor & Rolf make really great candles. A little on the pricey side but totally worth it because they smell fabulous! And it makes a great gift!


A gift of lingerie is never a bad thing on Valentine's Day as long as it's tasteful and the gift box doesn't say something like Wicked Temptations. When I think of lingerie for Valentine's Day I think of something more along the lines of this....



Jewelry is always a good choice. I am loving this necklace by Dogeared. It's a great everyday necklace and I love the saying. Perfect to show that someone special that you loved her yesterday, today and forever. Not just on Valentine's Day.




XO,
Monda

No comments:

Post a Comment