Thursday, October 20, 2011

Fun and Fabulous Finds

This post is a little overdue but this week has been crazy! I hosted Bunco last night and then we have our annual kids Halloween party coming up on Saturday so I have been in party planning mode all week!

So, for the first time in a very long time I had an evening to myself at home last Friday night. No husband, no kids and the media room all to myself for four hours…..Ahhh Heaven! 

Josh was at an event and the kids went to a Parent’s Night Out at Primrose. While I was tempted to clean up and do laundry like I usually do, I decided I was going to enjoy my time so I made myself a nice little dinner, poured a glass of wine and caught up on Real Housewives of New Jersey. It was fabulous but it’s amazing how four hours goes by so quickly when you are alone!

On Saturday our nanny Debbie came over and I went to lunch with my best friend Vicky at one of my favorite spots in McKinney, Spoon’s CafĂ©. They have the best sweet potato fries I have ever had. I personally like to dip mine in Ranch dressing. I love love love their chicken salad but I decided to venture out and order the Bacon and Blue cheese sliders and they did not disappoint! I basically cleaned my plate! 

After lunch we walked around to some of the shops and boutiques on the Square. I really should have been running around the square as much as I ate for lunch. Ha! I love the Historic Square in McKinney. It is such an amazing spot with great shopping, restaurants, art galleries and wine bars. And they always have such fun events during the holidays.

We went inside a new shop called Gray Living and decided we could take home one of everything! They had the most amazing furniture and home accessories. I didn’t buy anything on Saturday but will definitely be going back.

Gray Living

We also stumbled upon a new clothing boutique called Bloom. I bought the cutest navy fall dress (pictures to come later this week) and the blue shirt below that will look great with a skirt, leggings or skinny jeans and boots. I found out the owner Kendi Skeen also has a fashion blog that I am now addicted to. Check it out.

I also picked up these adorable earrings at Cotton Hearts on the Square. I think they will be perfect with several of my fall outfits.  As soon as I figure out the designer’s name I will share it because from what I hear they sell similar styles at Stanley Korshak for around $250 and I only paid $50 for these! Score!

IMG_9579 copy

We also stopped in Smitten on the Square. A great little boutique with vintage and antique furnishings, home accessories and children’s books and toys. I found this copy of Pride and Prejudice for my daughter Meredith. Pride and Prejudice is one of my all time favorite books and I was delighted to find a version for her age. It’s so cute to hear her try to say “Mr. Darcy”. When I looked up the publisher online they also have Romeo and Juliet and will be coming out with Jane Eyre and Alice and Wonderland next year. Reading to your children every night is so important and one of my favorite moments of the day with my kids. I love the description printed on the back of the book.

“BabyLit is a fashionable way to introduce your child to the world of classic literature.”

Book Little Miss Austen Pride & Prejudice | A BabyLit Board Book By Jennifer Adams

I also have to share with you my new favorite hand soap for fall from Bath and Body Works. It’s called Pumpkin Caramel Latte. It smells so good. You will be smelling your hands all day and if you start craving a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks, I cannot be held accountable.

Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Love those earrings and that blue blouse! Great finds and I am drooling over your sliders. yum.

    ReplyDelete